Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Holy Spirit dwells within us

We are now on #21 in the section on Prayer and I will be using this over the next three days and there is much to reflect upon:


21.

The Spirit dwelling within us
gradually transforms us, enabling us
through His power to remove whatever
hinders His action.
The Spirit unites and conforms us to Jesus
and makes us sensitive to His presence
within ourselves, in others and in all that happens.
Thus we learn to contemplate reality
and to experience it with His Heart,
to commit ourselves to the service of the Kingdom
and to grow in love:
"Have this mind among yourselves
which was in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 2:5).

What a gift to have the Spirit dwelling within us!!
How aware am I of His Presence?
How docile to His inspirations?
The Spirit is trying to transform me, to change me so that I can be more like Christ; with His help, I can remove whatever hinders His action. It is His presence that enables us...let us thank again for the gift of the Spirit!

No comments: