Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Prayer and Interior Life are Essential!

n

Well, here it is June and I have decided to keep deepening my own reflections on spirituality as found in the Constitutions of the Sacred Heart. I will be using the section on prayer for most of the month with some blogs also being for the Feast of Christ the King, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary - all big feasts in the month of June.
To begin with, I will quote the first paragraph in the section on prayer found in the Constitutions (this is in what was called the "new" Constitutions in 1982 but printed in the same book with our 1815 Constitutions that still are valid for our spirit. I will begin my reflections on #18 but you should always go back to the fact that prayer and the interior life are essential.

                 PRAYER

 

17.

"The spirit of the Society
is essentially based upon prayer and the interior life
since we cannot glorify the adorable
Heart of Jesus worthily
except inasmuch as we apply ourselves
to study His interior dispositions
in order to unite and conform ourselves to them."
(Abridged Plan, 1815)




No comments: