Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Enjoying Peace in His Presence



I mentioned in an earlier blog the little book, Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by  Sarah Young who learned to sit in the presence of Jesus and listen to Him with pen in hand. I want to share a few of the thoughts that struck me from today's reflection:

"You are mine for all time: nothing can separate you from my Love...Many problems vanish instantly in the light of my Love because you realize that you are never alone. Other problems may remain, but they become secondary to knowing Me and rejoicing in the relationship I so freely offer you. Each moment you can choose to practice My presence or to practice the presence of problems."

There are always a couple of scripture passages given at the end of each reflection. Today's are Romans 8:38-39; Exodus 33:14

What a joy and a gift to know that nothing can separate us from the love of Jesus! I am trying to just sit and listen to Jesus and He tells me that He likes me to be quiet in His Presence so I can hear Him!!
Easier said than done! But let us keep trying to just be with Him who loves us so much!

No comments: