Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Shrine of St. Philippine Duchesne at St. Charles


I had just finished writing a blog about sharing on the first day of retreat and it disappeared when I hit publish. So I will use these pictures instead to tell you about the how much it meant to me to be able to pray again at the tomb of Philippine. We filled the Shrine for the Mass on the first day of the assembly and it was a beautiful liturgy - our newly named vocation director is from Canada and she planned all the Liturgies and prayer services for our Assembly/Chapter. Her attention to detail was really extraordinary and all went well. More than well - each time for prayer was so beautiful and the songs and readings so well-chosen that this contributed to the prayerful atmosphere of the whole Assembly/Chapter. I also loved the drums!
Tomorrow I shall continue to share from the Hearts on Fire II Retreat. It seems that the same four RSCJs gave the first Hearts on Fire retreat several years ago for 35 and this time we were 85!
Here is one thought from my first day of retreat which was all on Prayer and the Interior Life. I have discovered that the interior life is more interesting than the exterior life. I actually wrote more "exciting" in my notes and it is the source of our joy. I really believe this, but I am far from living the interior life of union with the Heart of Jesus that I rather naively thought would be automatic once I entered the Society of the Sacred Heart.

No comments: