Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Or Lady of Sorrows...



The Society of the Sacred Heart has great devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows. I think Our Lady has been watching over us and yes, she does merit the title of Our Lady of Sorrows. However, I think, especially at this time of the year, that Mary is also Our Lady of Joys! Think of the joy the Infant Jesus is giving her as he begins to open his eyes more and look around. They say that babies really do not smile until about three months old, but I would swear that my brothers smiled before then and I am sure the Infant Jesus tried to smile as soon as he recognized his mother. I used to make a list of all the joys of Mary, but I will let each reflect and do this for yourself as it will mean more to you if you, as Reverend Mother Bodkin would say, "think it through".

No comments: