Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Our Lady's Birthday



Today we celebrate the birthday of Mary. It is one of the feasts, actually the fifth one, that I am trying to celebrate in a special way by connecting it to my inner journey. It is like a port where I dock for the day to take stock and prepare for the next week of this inner journey. I need to do this as I get too caught up in the exterior life even while realizing that my inner life is not only more important, but more interesting!

The entrance antiphon for this Feast is: "Let us celebrate with joy the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary for from her arose the sun of justice, Christ our God."
Mary was always special. I think she was very human and lived simply while cultivating both her inner life and practicing the virtues of humility, simplicity, and love of all God's creation.
Let us pray to Mary today and thank her for all she does for each of us; I know she is watching over each with a mother's love. I also invite you to thank God for this great gift of the Mother of Jesus and of all of us!

No comments: