Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time


This picture was taken at Villa Maria del Mar in Santa Cruz and is a sacred spot for me. I have made many retreats there over the past twenty-seven years and I always find God so present to me there. I guess I mean that, although God is always present to me, I am able to be more present to God in retreat. I am looking forward to returning for another day of retreat with my spirituality group of mothers of our pupils on October 9th. With the world and the Church and our country so full of strive and lack of justice and love, it is good to know that God is able to do anything, and that leads me into the Collect for this Sunday:
O God, who manifest your almighty power above all by pardoning and showing mercy, bestow, we pray, your grace abundantly upon us and make those hastening to attain your promises heirs to the treasures of heaven.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Let us pray for all our congressmen that they may be moved to work for the common good and not just think of power or party. 

No comments: