Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Pictures from my patio



I suppose that this is our patio and not "my" patio, but I do feel that it is a gift. The rose was taken from my window and I love being able to look out and see the birds bathing in the fountain. The squirrels come to drink, too. I am so blessed and we have had such wonderful weather all summer. There were a few days that were hot, but I live in Westwood and we do not have any air-conditioning and really do not need it. I have put away my little fan as it only used it for the few hot evenings. I also gave away my little heater last winter to my neighbor as I never felt the need to use it. We do have heat in Westwood and the early mornings can be cold, so I am grateful, but I usually have my window open all year long, just not so wide.

Now, I am not sure how I began to speak about the climate, but I guess it is part of my gratitude. I am finding so many things to thank for as I go through the day. I hope you are also feeling grateful as grateful people are joyful people.

Here is my quote for the day:

One must view the world through the eye in one’s heart rather than just trust the eyes in one’s head.
Mary Crow Dog

No comments: