Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

I feel the Winds of God Today


Today I am copying the words of an English tune by Jessie Adams (1906) that can also be found on YouTube. I find myself praying with these words as one of our Chapter calls was to set sail and I often see myself at sea with Jesus as the pilot.

"I feel the winds of God today, today my sail I lift
Though heavy oft with drenching spray, and torn with many a rift
If hope but light the water's crest and God my bark will use
I'll seek the seas at God's behest, and brave another cruise.

It is the wind of God that dries my vain regretful tears
Until with braver thoughts shall rise, the purer, brighter years
If cast on shores of selfish ease or pleasure I should be
God let me feel Thy freshening breeze, and I'll put back to sea.

If ever I forget Thy love and how that love is shown
Lift high the blood red flag above, it bears Thy name alone
Great pilot of my onward way, Thou wilt not let me drift
I feel the winds of God today, today my sail I lift.


No comments: