Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Whom are you looking for?

Today's Gospel has Mary Magdalene weeping outside the empty tomb because she does not know what has happened to the body of Jesus. Then, Jesus asks her "Whom are you looking for?" She did not recognize the Risen Jesus until He calls her by name. Then Jesus will send Mary to announce the Good News: "Go to my brothers and tell them, "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." So Mary went and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord. 

Jesus comes to us, too. He asks us "Whom are you looking for?" He calls us by name and how do we respond? I think Jesus is always present to us, but we are not present to Him. His question makes us think about whom we are seeking every time we go to pray, every time we are encountering someone. Am I seeking Jesus? The Risen Lord is present in me. I need only seek Him in my own heart first, but then He sends me to tell others about Him.
I, too, am called to announce the Good News; the Lord is truly risen, Alleluia, Alleluia!

No comments: