Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2019

"Peace be with you"


The two disciples are trying to tell the others what happened on their way to Emmaus and how they had come to recognize Jesus in the breaking of the bread. While they are still speaking, Jesus stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you." But they were terrified and thought they were seeing a ghost. So then Jesus said, "Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have." And Jesus showed them his hands and his feet. 

Then, the Gospel tells us that "he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said to them, 'Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things."

Now, we are the witnesses of these things. Let us radiate the peace and joy of Easter to all we meet. 

No comments: