Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday of Holy Week

My focus so far this Holy Week has been on the great gift of the Eucharist. I am, of course, preparing for Holy Thursday, but my heart is so full of gratitude for the gift of God's presence with us in the Eucharist; we are able to receive Jesus who unites us to Himself, but also stays with us in the tabernacle. I think this Presence is so special and St. Madeleine Sophie thought so, too, and it is a grace to have the Blessed Sacrament in our communities. I think my love for the Eucharist has grown, but how often I am distracted after Holy Communion. What seems to help me is to say this little prayer that I have shared with you before but will do so again. We sing it often here.

"Breathing in, breathing out.
I am calm; I am smiling.
You in me, I in You. 
Present moment, wondrous moment,
Peace to the world,
Peace to the world.

It is a good prayer for any moment of the day or night!

No comments: