Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola


Ignatius is one of my favorite saints and I felt very close to him during the years when I was giving directed retreats in Chile and when making several 30 day retreats myself as well as giving both the complete exercises in 30 days and The Exercises as the 19th annotation retreat over thirty weeks. I think I will have a group doing that again this year as several of the mothers in my spirituality group seem to be ready for this grace.
I am happy to be in retreat myself on this feast day. A retreat is always a time of grace and, even if it is a one day away from our usual work, it can be a time of grace. We need to stop and reflect on our lives with God and see how He sees us. Just find some time for quiet and sit before Him and let Him love you!

No comments: