Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

Where am I?

I have forgotten where this picture was taken, but I did read that there was an elevator inside the rock that allowed access. I love the picture!
Last Monday, I was asked to speak at reunion about my prayer. I guess I will share some of that now in my blog. Before I entered, I loved to make visits at the back of the Chapel, both at the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles and at Maryville. I had the desire to make up to the Lord for all those who did not even think of Him or thank Him. This later would also be connected with my love of Eucharistic Adoration.
I entered for the Feast of the Sacred Heart in June of 1950 just after my 19th birthday. The entire Society of the Sacred Heart was preparing for the 150 year celebration of our founding. Our Mother General was Reverend Mother de Lescure and she wrote a letter to all the Society in November of 1949 that had a great impact on my own prayer and some parts of that letter are still with me 70 years later. I shall share more after I give the presentation which was postponed because of a guest speaker so it will be July 22. 

No comments: