Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2019

Summer goes so quick;y


Summer is half over and I am still waiting to tackle a "to do" list that I made for these days, which I thought might be quieter since we do not have the school in session. We do hear children's voices as there is a summer program for different ages, I think, and the pool is being used. 
I have done some good reading and also have spent time just reading for fun. One older book that I had never read before and that needs to be read slowly in Cynthia Bourgeault's The Meaning of Mary Magdalene: Discovering the Woman at the Heart of Christianity. This book is giving me much to think about as I go through the chapters slowly. The book has three parts and I am still on the second. The parts are: Mary Magdalene as Apostle; Mary Magdalene as Beloved; Mary Magdalene as Unitive Wisdom. 
There are about 30 pages of notes on the 17 Chapters, but I am finding some new ideas that lead to reflection. I no doubt will be sharing some when I have managed to digest this book.

No comments: