Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


The entrance antiphon for today's liturgy is "God is in his holy place. God who unites those who dwell in his house; he himself gives might and strength to his people."

God is in his holy place. Where God is, is a holy place and God is in each of us. That is Good News and we need to believe it!

The Responsorial Psalm is "Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me." The verses are taken from Psalm 138 and I will only copy a few lines here for reflection:

"I will give thanks to you. O Lord, with all my heart,
for you have heard the words of my mouth;
in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise..."

The Gospel is from Luke 11:1-13 where Jesus gives us some excellent advice about how to pray after giving the disciples the words of the Our Father. He tells us to persevere.
"Ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

No comments: