Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2020

"Peace be with you"

On that first day of the week, Jesus came and stood in the midst of His disciples. They were terrified and thought that they were seeing a ghost, even though the disciples who had recognized Jesus in the breaking of the bread were there telling the others about Jesus walking with them. 
Jesus says to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have."
Luke then tells us that while they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, Jesus asked them, "Have you anything here to eat? They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them."
Jesus tries to put them at ease and then "he opened their minds to understand the scriptures."

If I had been there, how would I have felt? When Jesus comes now to me, how do I react?

No comments: