Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Spy Wednesday



Jesus is to be betrayed by one of His chosen friends. The Gospel of Matthew tells us today that, "One of the Twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" They paid him thirty pieces of silver, and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand him over.

Meanwhile, on the first day of the Feast of the Unleavened Bread, the disciples approached Jesus and asked Him where he wanted them to prepare for the Passover meal? Jesus told them to go into the city to a certain man and tell him that the teacher says, "My appointed time draws near; in your house I shall celebrate the Passover with my disciples."

Jesus knew what He was to do. He must have been thinking of this last supper with his closest friends. He probably had spent time praying on what He wanted to say to them. He loved them and wanted to arrange a way to still be with them after His death in a real and tangible way. 

How grateful I am and yet how do I show that gratitude? We are all friends of Jesus. Let us stay with Him in prayer during these days and see how He loves us.

No comments: