Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Recognizing Jesus


I think I may have taken this picture the day we went whale watching. It has nothing to do with the quote I am sharing from Sandra Schneider and which a friend sent me and I want to share as it is full of wisdom.

"Jesus, mysteriously and demandingly risen in our midst, open the eyes of our hearts so that we may recognize You, not in our fantasies or projections, our evasions and pipedreams, but in the challenges we face and surmount as we try to make you present through and in our joyous commitment to the world that God so loved as to send You to save us. Teach us to sing "Alleluia" (God be praised) as You did -- in the many Gardens of our lives: of creation, betrayal and arrest, burial, resurrection, and apostolic commissioning. Make us mature disciple who see and therefore can proclaim, "He is risen!" in every circumstance of our personal and collective lives."

No comments: