Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2022


 We are now out of our rooms for dining, and we are able to go to the Chapel. That is good for so many. I was growing to love the solitude, but it is time to go back to our normal lives. I think we need the interaction with others in order to be able to stimulate our minds. I think we begin to get confused about what day it is when each day has been the same in our rooms. I keep a Journal so I usually know the day and the date and manage to be on the zooms I have scheduled. I had volunteered to lead some group in the United Kingdom during Lent in Ignatian Spirituality. I was accepted, but then realized that there is an 8-hour difference in time. I had to write and say that I had second thoughts and would just pray for the groups. However, it does give us an idea for Lent. We will be having the Busy Persons' Retreat for faculty and staff in March, and I am hoping we have a good group for that. I suspect it will be mostly by zoom.

Now, we begin a new week; we are all feeling free to be able to walk around with our masks on and maybe go to the library, the Chapel, and even begin our night prayer in Westwood. I have a zoom set up for everyday this week with one group or another.

I hope all my readers are staying healthy and happy in spite of cold weather. You are all in my prayer.

Tomorrow I will share a bit more from the papers given us in the Guided Imagery Retreat on the different aspects of compassion.

No comments: