Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

"I Heard God Laugh"


 Some months ago, I bought a book by Matthew Kelly called I Heard God Laugh: A Practical Guide to Life's Essential Daily Habit. Maybe someone even gave it to me, but it has been sitting on my bookshelf and it was published in 2020 and I have a first edition. Now, I have read the book and would love to share some of it, but I need to be careful of the copyright. However, I know the author wants everyone to benefit by what he calls the "Prayer Process". It has seven points and it might be helpful to all of us to see how Matthew Kelly prays and wants others to pray. He begins with gratitude. Just begin by thanking God for what you are most grateful today. You do not need to spend a great deal of time on any of these points, but just say to God what comes to mind.

After thanking, be aware of when you might not have been your best self during the past twenty-four hours. Talk to God about this.

Then think of significant moments in your day and explore what God might be saying to you in the event or an interaction.

After that, ask God to forgive you and give you a deep, abiding peace.

Then, you might talk to God about something God might help you change in your life.

Then, you may want to pray for others.

End with an Our Father.

For me, Kelly is really giving us a way to make the Ignatian Examen. What I like about Kelly's chapter on "Life's Essential Habit" is that he is teaching us to pray in a way that is easy and possible for all.

No comments: