Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2022

Keeping your Journal


 It is the First Friday of February and I wonder if we are keeping New Year's Resolutions. If we made good ones, we probably have broken them many times. However, keeping a Journal helps us to make progress and not forget what we promised God and ourselves to do or change in this New Year. I do keep a Journal and try to write what I am grateful for each day and also note the things I want to do and do not do. 

I am excited about the process of synodality in all parts of the world. The Pope is giving us this time to really prepare the synod by reaching out to people of all ages. He wants to have all of us praying and then discussing and discerning what the Church needs today. I think it is thrilling and hope to get my students, my friends, etc. all interested. Some parishes are very active; others have not done much. I am trying to get my Westwood community to send me their thoughts so I can write up what we want to tell the bishops. The Pope wants the bishops of the entire world to really listen to the people. So, let us begin to discuss, pray, and discern about the changes we see needed in the Church.

No comments: