Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Invite God to sit with you today


 I love this picture as I often have the image of sitting and contemplating the ocean with Jesus sitting beside me. Sometimes we just sit in silence; sometimes Jesus asks me what I am thinking about,

 and we begin a conversation. There are so many ways to pray. 


Unseen companion of our life,

Give us faith and eager expectancy

As we continue to face uncertainty.

Help us to hold our fear of the unknown

In the assurance that You are with us.

Teach us to wrest treasures from anxiety.

Encourage us to approach each day with

Faith, wisdom and compassion.

We pray for those who suffer and all who care for them.

Inspire us to honor the human dignity of each person and

May our presence be a source of healing and encouragement.

We ask all of this confident in your Spirit. Amen.

 


No comments: