Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Finding a Place for Prayer


 This is a picture of the Oakwood chapel taken, I think, from my chair which is in the front row just to the left of the edge of this picture. I find that I pray best when I am sitting in my chair in the Chapel. I can also pray in many other places, but there is something special about praying in front of the Presence of Our Lord in the tabernacle. 

Some people find it easy to pray out walking. I find the ocean is most helpful for me of all the outdoor places where I have prayed. I think the important thing is to find what is most helpful for you. God is waiting for you everywhere. We are the ones who are so easily distracted. I also find that my room is conducive to prayer, as long as I have cleared my desk. Disorder for me is a distraction. 


No comments: