Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Dialogue with My Wisdom Figure


 Today I thought I would share what I wrote after my Guided Imagery on the Feast of the Epiphany. This is a dialogue with my Wisdom Figure. I have found it helpful in the past to dialogue with Jesus or a saint, but this is the first time I have talked with my Wisdom Figure in a dialogue.

Me: Who are you? I have not seen you in any Guided Imagery before.

WF: No, you usually do not see me, but I am present in your life to help you discern when you need to make decisions. I work with your Guardian Angel.

Me: I am happy to have you in my life, but you said little in my Guided Imagery - "Just sit and enjoy the fire." and then, later, you put your arm around me and said, "Let God love you." I think you tell me that often and I hope I am doing it.'

WF: God is always loving you. But you get distracted by daily chores and reading, etc. I am in you to remind you to allow God to love you. That is why He made you!

Me: So, you are in me. Why did you appear in my GIM?

WF: I thought you needed me to sit on the couch with you. I wanted you to stay and contemplate the fire of God's love.

Me: Did you make me reject the music?

WF: I would never make you do anything - that is not my role. I help you to keep your goals, especially the first two and I suggested that you just sit and enjoy the fire. I made the cabin attractive to help you want to just sit there with me and let God love you.

Me: I am grateful and hope you continue to make your presence felt in my life. I need the affection, too.I hope to keep meeting you in the cabin.

Note: My first two goals (I have had the same six for several years) are: To give priority to the interior life and to give joy to Jesus and to others.

No comments: