Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2022

Feast of the Annunciation of the Lord


 What a wonderful feast day, often called the feast of the impossible! And today Pope Francis is consecrating the entire world, but especially Russia and the Ukraine to Our Lady. We pray that she will make the fighting stop before more are killed and a country is destroyed. I pray especially for the refugees who have had to flee and who do not know if husbands, fathers, and other relatives have survived. I cannot imagine what they are suffering, and it is even worse for those who have stayed behind. Let us pray today that our prayers will stop this fighting.

I did not write yesterday as I have been caught up in the Busy Person's Retreat and having zooms and visits with my three retreatants. It has been a joy to be with each and we finish with a final prayer this afternoon. Here at Oakwood, we will also be having Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament all afternoon to pray for peace.


No comments: