Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Guided Imagery Sharing


 Last Saturday I had a Guided Imagery. It is a short one, but we are able to share with one other and then with the group and we will be together again next Saturday to share again after a week of praying with our images. My GIM was very simple and left me valuing silence. I found the music loud and it reminded me of a cold and windy day, and I looked for shelter. I found the same cabin I had been in during a powerful experience during the GIM retreat in January. It seemed to beckon me to come in and when I reached the door, my Wisdom Figure opened it and says, "Come in; I have been expecting you." There is a lovely fire in the fireplace and I sit on the couch in front of it and feel God's love. The flames speak to me of the love of the Heart of Jesus. But, I am loving the silence. My wisdom figure is now sitting next to me on the couch but not speaking. I feel that I am just to let the silence invade me. That is all I am supposed to do. I find I love the silence; it delights me; it gives me joy! Then I see the silent Joseph standing near but just to the left of the fireplace. It is his feast day. He looks on me with love, but says nothing. His presence deepens my sense of peace.

That is all I had time to write before we were called back to share, but I have many images to think about during this week and even dialogue with some of them, but the silence was impressive!

No comments: