Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Part of our History


 I have been reading Grave on the Prairie: Seven Religious of the Sacred Heart and Saint Mary's Mission to the Potawatomi by Maureen J. Chicoine, RSCJ. Maureen is now one of the community here at Oakwood and is really good at doing research. I am enjoying the book, but trying to read it quickly as many others want to read it here.

I am praying with the Gospel of last Sunday where Jesus took his three friends up the mountain to pray. I think Jesus is still inviting each of us to go apart and pray with Him. You can just be there with Him in silence or you can also talk to Him about all your concerns. I just like the idea of thinking that Jesus invites me to go up the mountain with Him. We get a brief glimpse of Jesus transfigured and then hear God telling us that this is His chosen Son and telling us to listen to Him. Try praying with this Gospel. Or just go anywhere with Jesus and sit at His feet in silence.

No comments: