Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2022

Janet Stuart speaks to me


 When we had the closing prayer for the Busy Persons' Retreat, each of us received a card or bookmark with a quote. I felt that God had picked my quote from Reverend Mother Stuart as it gave me such joy. I am happy to share it with you as I think it is very important to remember and believe this at every moment of our lives.

"Above all remember that you are the most cherished object of God's most tender love. May God convince you of that."

I put a large "Amen!" under it and wrote on the back my gratitude. Giving a Busy Person's Retreat is always a grace.

I also had a zoom with the group that I spent last Saturday morning with on zoom doing a Guided Imagery. This Saturday, the entire group on zoom shared the fruit of our guided imagery and I was so impressed with the sharing of each. I also was reminded today of what my director told me in the wonderful 30-day retreat I had in Spain years ago. He told me that God only wants me to be effective, not efficient. I think that has helped me over the years to do many things that have been effective, if not always efficient.

No comments: