Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2022

What am I doing for Peace?


 I have been praying for peace and offering my efforts to keep my Lenten resolutions and also to keep a deep peace in my heart to stop the war that is going on and bring peace. I cannot imagine the suffering of those still not able to leave nor the plight of so many refugees in countries that need to receive them, but really are not prepared for the thousands of now homeless people needing refuge.

We now have a picture of Pope Francis crying in our Chapel to help us unite to his plea for peace. We also have his prayer for peace; we said it together after Mass and will continue to do this some days.

We have a funeral this morning. This is the last one, we hope, for a few months at least. We do come here to prepare for death, but I think we have had 22 deaths in the last three years, none from Covid, but one misses one's friends. I guess they are watching over us from heaven.

No comments: