Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2022

The mystery of the stars


 

I am having some good thoughts about the stars ever since I found myself floating around them in a guided imagery. This Saturday, I will be having another guided imagery experience by zoom. It is also the Feast of St. Joseph. I admire Joseph so much and feel that he is very present to us. He is the silent one. I think of my Dad. He was always there for us and worked hard to provide for all of us. He never complained. He would get up early on Sundays to go to Mass and then come home to fix wonderful Sunday breakfasts for the rest of the family. Until my brothers were born, we always went to Mass together, but this was during the war and we were now living a short walk from the Church. 

Besides praying for peace and for the plight of the thousands of refugees in all parts of our world, I am praying for the process of the synod. Everyone of us needs to participate and make our voices heard. 

Besides preparing for the Synod of Bishops in 2023, we are all caught up in "synodality".  Pope Francis said that a synodal Church is a listening Church "know that listening is more than feeling. It is a mutual listening in which everyone has something to learn." Synodality provides opportunities to listen to the Holy Spirit and the People of God in order to discern together how to live our spiritual journey to follow Jesus Christ. I do hope everyone is involved and that the Bishops are listening to the people. 

No comments: