Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2022

Monday of the Second Week of Lent


 To me it seems that I have been in Lent longer than a week. However, I am just beginning to keep my three resolutions. What I have discovered is that I want to welcome each moment but find that I am thinking about other things. I need to practice mindfulness.

The Gospel for today's liturgy is from Luke: 6:36-38. It is very short, but powerful and so I am copying it for reflection today.

"Jesus said to his disciples: "Be merciful, just as your father is merciful. Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and gifts will be given to you; a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you."

I suspect each of us will find one phrase to ponder and try to make fruitful in our own lives. I find that I am sometimes judging others and will watch that as I do not want to be judged!

No comments: