Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A psalm of compassion


 Joyce Rupp has a lovely rendering of Psalm 23 as a Psalm of Compassion. I will quote only the beginning.

"Caring Shepherd and Guide of my soul, many things I want- for self and others;                                         Freedom from worry, healing from hurts, financial security, health of body and spirit, sturdy relationships, lasting happiness, an end of needless suffering and sorrow, a peaceful planet, where everyting thrives.

You assure me that I do not have to want; you will lead me to an inner core of peace and guide me to ways that restore my spirit. Suffering will serve as a profound teacher, a catalyst of empathy and understanding that unites all who sit at the table of life."

I am in admiration because I read Psalm 23 often and this opens new ideas about what may be found there.

No comments: