Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Thirty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time


 Entrance Antiphon: "Forsake me not, O Lord, my God; be not far from me! Make haste and come to my help, O Lord, my starong salvation."

Collect: Almighty and merciful God, by whose gift your faithful offer you right and praiseworthy service, grant, we pray, that we may hasten without stumbling to receive the things you have promised."

First Reading from the Book of Wisdom: 11:22-12:2 This well worth reading and begins "Before the Lord the whole universe is a grain from a balance or a drop of morning dew...."

Reponsorial Psalm: "I will praise your name forever, my king and my God." 

Second Reading is from the second Letter of Saint Paul to the Thessalonians 1:11-2:2

Gospel is from Luke 19:1-10. 

I love this Gospel where Zacchaeus, wanting to see Jesus, climbs a sycamore tree. Jesus looks up and sees him and says, "Zaccheus, come down quickly, for today I must stay at your house." And we know that Zaccheus received him with joy. And he is converted because he immediately says that he will give away half of his possessions and if he has extorted anything from anyone he shall repay it four times over,



No comments: