Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Feast of St. Francis of Assisi


 

I just realized that I have now published 4, 943 posts and my blog has had over 570,849 hits since Google started keeping statistics on this blog.

Now, I want to share my Guided Imagery Retreat a bit with you today. It is the first time that I have gone for just Friday afternoon until Sunday noon and there were only six of us and two guides. Three of us were RSCJs and the other three were all nurses! One just teaches nurses now, but it was a good group as we shared both nights and kept silence until Sunday lunch. My guided imagery on Saturday morning began with me in a boat with one of the RSCJs here who is 104 years old and asked to be annointed on Friday morning, so she was on my mind as I love her dearly. We are sitting facing one another in the boat our on the water and it is a beautiful day. There are some lovely white clouds over us and heavenly music suddenly seems to come our to the clouds. Both of us want to go up through the clouds to see where the music is coming from, but I say that I cannot abandon the boat. So Be goes up and I watch her enter the clouds. Then I see that Jesus is sitting in her place in the boat. He is content to be with me in silence. I am feeling His love being poured into me. 

Well, that was just the first part of the guided imagery; then the music took me to a Cathedral; later I was in the Oakwood Chapel sitting in my chair and Jesus was celebrating Mass in a red vestment. He told me that He is glad to see me there.

There was more, but one needs to keep deepening the whole experience. One way is to dialogue with some of the images. I took the image of the boat and wrote my conversation with the boat and will copy it for tomorrow's blog. I also shared it with the Westwood community after prayer last night.

No comments: