Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2022

October has arrived


 A new month in which we can all love and serve the Lord is a reason for joy. We are alive and are grateful to be able to enjoy life! I still have my gratitude box on my desk and fill it with the many joys of each day. I think God waits to be thanked for all He gives us each day. How often we forget to take time just to say thank you to God!

I recently bought several boxes of cards from DaySpring. One box says: Encourage; another says: Encouragement. I have not looked inside yet, but I am delighted to have cards that encourage. I also bought Thanksgiving cards, Christmas, and Valentine cards plus one box of birthday cards. Then, I could not resist buying another Journal. The cover says "Count it All Joy" and I will be glad to use it when I finish the one I have been keeping faithfully every single day (maybe missed twice). It is helpful to write about the day with the Lord. He likes me to reflect back and talk to Him about the day by writing in my journal. I have often urged others to keep a journal because I find it so helpful, Maybe you only want to review your week and so make your journal a weekly one, unless something special happens. I am happy to know that my students from the past couple of years are keeping journals now at college because they began in high school. It is never too late to begin.

I am away today in the Guided Imagery Retreat.

No comments: