Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Each of us is "Somebody"


 I am copying this thought because I think it important for all of us to realize that we are "somebody" and precious in the eyes of God.

"Ruby Sales: The theology and pedagogy of somebodiness—that I might be enslaved, I might be small within the state, but I’m somebody, not only with God, but with each other, and about myself. And so the pedagogy and theology of somebodiness. I’m a child of God, and being a child of God, I’m essential, and no one has the right to limit, or the power to limit, my ability to be somebody. So I grew up in a society where that theology was so powerful. . . . The white view of Black children as being inferior never penetrated my being because I was surrounded with the possibility that I could live into my highest capacity and to love myself."

We all have the possibility to live into our highest capacity, to love and be loved. God made each of us so that God could love us! Let us rejoice and be glad! And be grateful for the power of love that makes each of us a great "somebody" full of potential!

No comments: