Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2022

Autumn Beauty

 


I miss the season on Autumn. We do have a Japanese Maple in our patio with red leaves, but I miss the many coloered leaves that fall and need to be raked. I miss the rainy days and the smell of the bonfires on cool, crisp days where the sun manages to peek through the trees and make the fallen leaves glow. 

It is nearly Halloween; I have sent cards and now look forward to our Murder Mystery Party on Halloween. I am delighted that we are not having our usual costume party, but hope the staff are still going to carve and create wonderful things with large pumpkins. I think the Feast of All Saints and then All Souls mean more to me now than Halloween, but I will never forget the Haloween Party my mother had me give for some of my friends in seventh grade. It was really fun and they were delighted to meet my mother and my baby brother. We decorated the entire third floor where we had a playroom in the front and plenty of room in the back for games and, I think we bobbed for apples in the bathtub!

No comments: