Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2022

When God is most present


 This is another quote that I find worth sharing from the prayer service sent to me by my friend; this one is from Madeleine L'Engle.

"It is when things go wrong, when good things do not happen, when our prayers seem to have been lost, then God is most present. We do not need the sheltering wings when things go smoothly. We are closest to God in the darkness, stumbling along blindly."

I was struck by the sharing of my spirituality group last week, They went from God leading His people into the wilderness to sharing on the positive experience that the last two years of having to stay home or wear masks, etc. has been for each. I think we have all had to slow down and have had more time for prayer, for reading and for reflection.


No comments: