Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2022

Our Lady of the Rosary and First Friday


 This Feast dates from the 16th century and used to be on October 6, or so I remember it. The Dominicans made the rosary popular and Our Lady has given many favors and special protection to those who say the rosary. My mother used to say the Rosary novena when there was something special to pray for and Our Lady always answered her by granting what she was praying for when it was something she was asking for herself, but she made it once for my grandfather and he did not get his desire to have his oil wells produce more or something like that. I just remember that my mother always got what she asked for but she spent 27 days asking and 27 days thanking by saying her rosary each night during this novena.

It is also First Friday and a special day to honor the Heart of Jesus so full of love for each of us!

No comments: