Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

All Souls' Day


 Today we pray for all souls who have died. The prayer over the Offerings is "Look favorably on our offerings, O Lord, so that your departed servants may be taken up into glory with your Son, in whose great mystery of love we are all united."

The Gospel has Jesus telling the crowds: "Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day."

This is a consoling mommemoration of all the faithful departed. Indeed, I find the entire Liturgy to be consoling and assuring us that the Lord is our Shepherd and there is nothing we shall want.

I pray for all those who have died, especially those who have died during the past year. And those who are dying daily in war or from illness, etc. 

No comments: