Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2022

Preparing for Advent


 This picture was taken at the Dominican Vacation House where I have often made the Guided Imagery Retreats. I love the ocean. 

Today I am praying for my brother as John was born on November 25, a year when it was also Thanksgiving Day. I know we all have given thanks for his birth and life. He is still grieving the loss of his wife so please pray for him.

Now, Advent begins on Sunday and we need to pray about what we might be called to do during Advent. We all want to spend these weeks before Christmas preparing for the coming of Our Lord into our world. He comes as a helpless baby who needs love and care. He comes again in a special way into our hearts each Christmas so let us prepare to receive Jesus this year by asking Him to show us how he wants us to spend Advent!

No comments: