Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Looking Ahead

 


Today I go to the Eldercare Place in Mountain View for my Bible Group, get tested there and again when I arrive back as Oakwood gets tested every Tuesday. Then I go to the Book Group here so it is a busy afternoon and we are still practising the Korean folk song and dance for our talent show on November 16th. I love the fact that all of our night prayer group is willing to do this and we have been learning to pronounce the Korean for over two weeks now. We just need to get the four lines right and then they are repeated. Fortunately, we have our Korean Sister who is very optimistic and does not give up on us.

November is a special time and we have the feast of St. Philippine Duchesne on November 18th, the birthday of the Society on November 21, Thanksgiving, and my brother's birthday - John was born on Thanksgiving but it was November 25. Then, we have the beginning of the new Liturgical Year on the First Sunday of Advent, November 27 this year. I am trying to make my Journal last until then as I love beginning a new Journal with the new Liturgical Year. My journals only last about four months as I do try to write each day and there is so much to thank for and pray for each day plus keeping track of my letters as I seem to be corresponding with a larger group as the weeks go by. I find letters are important both for me to write and to receive. It is always nice to have a real letter in one's mailbox!

Since November 20 is the last Sunday of the Church's Liturgical Year, a dear friend who sends me her monthly prayer service suggested that we may find our thoughts turning to endings and beginnings, reflections and imaginings. What have I done well? Where have I disappointed myself? How can I do better? Those are the questions she poses. What are your questions for reflection? I usually include what I am most grateful for and what has given me joy? What joy have I given to God and to others?


No comments: