Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2022

"I am where God wills me to be..."

 


We only have a week to prepare for St. Philippine Duchesne's feast. I love her prayer that I will copy again here and which I hope to pray each day until her feast. I am combining the prayer with great gratitude for all that Philippine has done for me since I began to know her as a thirteen-year old at the Academy of the Sacred Heart at St. Charles. I have shared how I went each evening after supper to help close up the shrine and how we would kneel around her tomb and pray before blowing out the green and amber vigil lights that had been burning all day. Here is the prayer:

"I am where God will me to be, and so I have found rest and security. God's wisdom governs me, God's power defends me, God's mercy encompasses me, God's joy sustains me, and all will go well with me."

No comments: