Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

"Today I must stay at your house"


 I think Philippine Duchesne would love the readings again today as we are preparing for her feast on Friday. She would have loved thinking of the great desire Zacchaeus had to see Jesus. He was too short to see over the heads of the crowd so he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree in order to see Jesus. Jesus looked up and saw him and told him to come down quickly "for today I must stay at your house." I think Jesus sometimes says to me when I am still half asleep, "Get up quickly, for today I want to stay with you." I hope I respond as quickly and with joy as Zacchaeus did.

Then, there is part of the first reading from the Book of Revelation where Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will enter his house and dine with him and he with me."

Let us hear God's voice today and open the door of our hearts. Jesus is always knocking to be invited in!

No comments: