Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2022

First Friday


 I received my devotion to making the First Fridays in grade school, first at the Academy of the Visitation and then at the parrochial school for seventh and eighth grade where we had breakfast in the Church basement and wonderful cinnamon sticks with hot cocoa. The things I remember about the friends I made during those years. Then, at the Academy of the Sacred Heart, I found delight in being one chosen to wear a red sash and make a "Communion of Reparation." I think I was mostly concerned with reparation for those who never thought of Jesus, never thanked Him, etc.

Now for the new book which I have just bought and think I will love. It is "Let This Be the Time: Spiritual Essentials for Life's Second Act." It is by Janet Schaeffler, OP and published by Twenty-Third Publications. I will let you know more when I have time to read and ponder it. I like what I have seen.

One of her stories reminded me of my Dad. He winced when getting into the car and rubbed his right knee. I asked, "Does it hurt?" He nodded and then I added, "It is probably old age!" My Dad said, "My left knee is the same age and is not hurting!"

No comments: