Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ


This Feast gives me real devotion as I have always been attracted to the Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. I find it such a great mystery and such a tremendous mark of His Love. I love just being able to take what we always called our half hour in the afternoon of Adoration. It was a sacred time and I have been trying to reclaim it. It makes a difference in my life to be able to sit in front of the Blessed Sacrament for a quiet half hour just to be with Him without an agenda. Many parishes have perpetual adoration now and I admire those who sign up and are faithful to their hour; I remember when my sister used to go on Friday afternoons and she told me it made a difference for her whole week. I have the Chapel next to my room now and so can stop and pray whenever I want. I do feel the presence of Christ and He is always saying, "Come to Me..."

No comments: