Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Why does water lead me to prayer?



I do not really know why water, whether ocean, river, lake, pond, creek, stream, or lagoon, leads me into prayer. Perhaps because water is a symbol of the unconscious and takes me deep inside myself and into God. Whatever, I am fascinated by water and just can sit and look at even a picture of it and find an inner stillness and peace. If I am looking at the ocean, I am in awe of the greatness of God. I am also caught up in wonder though at the strength of the currant in some rivers, the depth of some lakes, and the calmness of lagoons, ponds, and smaller bodies of water. I give thanks everyday that we are blessed in Miami with a swimming pool and I can be immersed in the water. I do not know how to explain how this leads me into prayer but it has to do with the cleft in the rock where I enter the sea of Divine Love. Words cannot explain what happens.

No comments: