Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Feast of Christ the King

Today's Feast is one that may seem strange to us as we do not think of Jesus Christ as King usually. He is King of all creation. I hope you were able to read the Preface for the Mass for this Feast. Again, I do not have my Mass book near so cannot copy it here.

 I just saw that Pope Benedict's third book on the life of Jesus will be out and in time for Christmas. Today is the last Sunday before Advent so do start making your Advent preparations. I try to get my Christmas letter and cards done before Advent and gifts, too, so I only need to wrap and mail a few. I do not give many gifts but do like to send a token gift to family to let them know I am thinking of them.
Advent is going to be a time of joy as I think it was for Mary and Joseph as they waited for Jesus. They may have had their plans changed, but I know they kept their inner peace and joy; they also must have been full of desire.
I guess the best prayer for Advent is "Come, Lord Jesus!"

No comments: