Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now, I am writing this on the eve of Thanksgiving to make sure it gets posted early on the day. I usually go to Mass at a Church where one of our Religious works, but I am thinking of going closer to home tomorrow. I will be praying my thanks for all my faithful readers and I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving. I wrote the following to someone and thought I should also copy it here as it was a great experience for me and one I want to share.



I hope you will have a very holy and happy Thanksgiving tomorrow and then Advent is coming. We went to hear Laurence Freeman at Barry University last night. He said that poverty of spirit is our “capacity for joy.” I really like that and was sitting mulling over joy and Advent (I am almost finished with my gratitude journal and had decided to concentrate on joy during Advent as it really is a joyous season since we are waiting with expectation for Jesus and we know He is coming!) Anyway, I came home and suddenly saw next to my prayer chair a book on Joy by Bishop Morneau. There are no coincidences with God and I really felt that this was a sign. How did the book get there and why did I not notice it when I returned from the St. Thomas University yesterday? I have not seen that book for ages and here it was sitting by my prayer chair and just waiting for me. Someone came to clean yesterday and may have found it had fallen behind a bookcase or something but I know it was God confirming my wanting to concentrate on the virtue of joy for Advent!!


No comments: